If a simple seed gets just what it needs,

Then a redwood tree can grow,
Up to a hundred feet for the world to see,
And endure the sleet and the snow.

But if my whole life,
Was wrapped in price,
I wonder what the tag would show.
‘Cuz every time I’m close to the Holy Ghost,
I always seem to let her go.

-The Classic Crime

Friday, March 13, 2009

Sucking

This is when it is so hard- when you love someone but you can't help them. When they won't turn to you or open up to you because you are not like them. It's fine to turn to other people that understand and that are going through or have been through the same things, but if you have a friend that you really love you should at least share something with him or her as well. I can't do anything if I don't know what the problem is. Not to mention how hurt I feel being pushed away, being stuck at the end of the bed on the other side of the wall. How can love exist through a wall- it can't touch the other person if it never reaches them. I don't deserve to be pushed away whenever my friend is upset. I haven't been through the trials he has, I don't understand them, but I still love him and support him every way I can. I won't grow in understanding and our friendship won't grow if I am left out-if I am pushed away.

I understand privacy and space, but at least some words would help. I had feeling helpless, useless, and left out.

1 comment:

alex dumas said...

Communication would fix a lot of things in this world...