If a simple seed gets just what it needs,

Then a redwood tree can grow,
Up to a hundred feet for the world to see,
And endure the sleet and the snow.

But if my whole life,
Was wrapped in price,
I wonder what the tag would show.
‘Cuz every time I’m close to the Holy Ghost,
I always seem to let her go.

-The Classic Crime

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Obstinate Roots

Still in great disarray from Prayers for Bobby my faith was slowly rekindled, 3/22

My testimony of the Savior is too strong to go away- I know His love and truth. I've been working to strengthen this testimony, to know and understand, for over 8 years and now as I question the Church in ways I've never questioned it I realize the weight of my testimony of Christ. It won't go away- it can't because I KNOW He is true. And then when I think of other Christian churches I see all the places they fall short of Christ's teachings. Even if this church is far from perfect it's the closest we have- Christ is absolute but as a church we fall short in our humanity. So what is blindly following? Following what doesn't make sense and might only exist because of mans' imperfections? Our church isn't perfect so what do we do? If I know Christ is true then I know certain teachings must also be true- even if I don't want them to be. The speaker at sacrament just said, "He knows the way…He knows our pains because He has endured them…He won't ask us to do something He hasn't." So maybe Christ is the only thing that makes sense in this world. We have to suffer here because the world is miserable and being human sucks, and since we have to endure it to become like Heavenly Father Christ also came to endure all things. His life not only saves us from damnation, but from the hell that is life on earth.

No comments: