If a simple seed gets just what it needs,

Then a redwood tree can grow,
Up to a hundred feet for the world to see,
And endure the sleet and the snow.

But if my whole life,
Was wrapped in price,
I wonder what the tag would show.
‘Cuz every time I’m close to the Holy Ghost,
I always seem to let her go.

-The Classic Crime

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Were the World Mine…

I would crawl deep into a cave and never come out.

I think love is stupid and ridiculous. Why the hell are we supposed to search for partners (gay/straight whatever)? There is no reason we can't be healthy and independent without a significant other. Who said that we need boyfriends or girlfriends, all we should need are friends! Partnered love is pointless and I don't understand the necessity of it.

Why on earth would I want to become close to someone, share my physical space, life, emotions, lips with them just so we could break up and get close to someone else? It's obtuse. All I should need is plutonic friends, the Lord, and myself.

Sex is literally effing stupid and should go screw itself. I'm joining a convent! One that practices flagellation.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

:(

Sorry you are unhappy. I remember a letter I wrote to my sister-in-law once when I was 18 and mad at Scott--I told her that we should freeze enough x-chromosome sperm to continue the population, then get rid of all the men!

She gave the letter to Scott on our wedding day, 2 or 3 years later. :)

It is good to vent, and then to look back and laugh that we ever thought we could survive on our own without a soul mate and sex.

Hang in there. God loves you. He has a plan for you. And someday you will be able to look back and go "Ah, that is why I had to go through that. I see now."

love ya!

Over the Rainbow said...

Thanks Sarah- hopefully I'll get to that point someday- or just be able to disappear before then!

Sarah said...

I don't want you to disappear!

BTW, our youngest child keeps asking where you are. :)